In everything we do at Pedal the Cause, our community of cancer thrivers and survivors is top of mind. As always, but especially as the spread of COVID-19 remains a serious concern, our event must prioritize the health, safety and well-being of those most vulnerable in the Pedal Family.
With this in mind, and in our commitment to hosting a safe and comfortable event for everyone, we have established the following COVID-19 Policy and event safety protocol.
Pedal the Cause COVID-19 Policy
Our COVID-19 Policy reflects the latest advice and expertise of local officials, the CDC and our Medical Advisory Committee. This policy may be amended to meet evolving health safety standards. Any modifications will be listed on this page and publicized through email and social media updates.
Vaccination or Negative COVID -19 Test
Either proof of full vaccination* OR proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test will be required of all participants, staff, volunteers, and vendors to gain access to the Ride Village and Refueling Stations.
- Participants: COVID test must be administered within 48 hours of Rider Packet pick up
- Volunteers: COVID test must be administered within 48 hours of first volunteer shift
- Staff & Vendors: COVID test must be administered within 48 hours of first access to Ride Village
We Will Accept the Following Documentation (only one is required):
- Proof of Vaccine: Physical vaccine card or digital proof or photo of vaccine card OR
- Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test: Printed results or a digital proof or photo of test results
*You are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after a second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Masks for Ride Weekend
Masking will be strongly encouraged while not actively riding, eating or drinking when at the Ride Village or Refueling Stations.
Controlled Access to Ride Village & Refueling Stations
Access to Ride Village & Refueling Stations is limited to registered participants, staff, volunteers and vendors. Spectators cannot be accommodated at the Ride Village or Refueling Stations. Spectator Spirit Stations have been established to encourage spectators lining the courses to cheer and support participants.
Additional Event Safety Information
With the generous support of the Staenberg Group and Macy’s, we’ve created an amazing new Ride Village at Chesterfield Mall with ample room for social distancing and space for teams to safely gather and celebrate. In addition to the policy above, we will implement the following protocol to keep all participants safe:
- Staggered start times to maintain social distancing
- Start/finish chute with ample room for social distancing
- Police & course support
- Ride Village will be open to participants only this year. Designated Spirit Stations will be available for friends and family along the route.
- Modified refueling stations include added sanitization stations and amenities
- Medical and mechanical support
- While not on a bike, masks are encouraged for all participants and required for those who are not yet fully vaccinated
- Increased sanitization stations and amenities with frequent cleaning and maintenance
Participants who would like to change their participation from Inspired (virtual) to in-person can make that adjustment through their Pedal the Cause profile. Those who would like to switch from in-person to Inspired can send an email to email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some signature Pedal the Cause events will be held remotely or modified. The PTC Kids Challenge will be held as a virtual option. A car parade will be held on Saturday, September 11 celebrating Kids Challenge and Ride for a Child participants and their families. The Inspirational Program will be livestreamed the evening of Saturday, September 25.