Your Volunteer Questions Answered:
There are so many ways to get involved from working at a refueling station to cheering on the riders at a Spirit Station. We have event weekend opportunities as well as year-round office volunteer needs. Click here to see all of the opportunities and to register.
Volunteers play a vital role in the success of our event! In 2021, our event will be reimagined for the safety of the Pedal Family, and our volunteer opportunities will be different from years past. Click here to see all of the opportunities and to register. Contact email@example.com with any questions. Sign up for our newsletter here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, too!
You must be 13 years of age at the time of the event to volunteer for Pedal the Cause.
Absolutely! We invite all of our volunteers to actively help us fundraise for life-saving cancer research and can earn incentives! For those wishing to do so, you have the tools necessary to execute a fundraising campaign through your volunteer profile page. After you register as a volunteer, log in using your username and password to view and customize your page. You can solicit and receive donations through your volunteer profile page and track your fundraising. You can even set up a Facebook Fundraiser!
Yes, you may volunteer with your group for a specific volunteer job but keep in mind that all volunteers must register individually first. Additionally, there may be a set number of open shifts available so it is best to encourage your group to register early to ensure you all can volunteer together. If you are a corporate volunteer group and would like some guidance on how you can sign up your company to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Precautions for volunteers will include the following:
- Spectator cheer stations along route to maintain social distancing
- Modified refueling stations with packaged food and beverage options
- Participants/Volunteers should assume that masks will be required when not riding your bike — at the start/finish, rest areas, when receiving assistance from course support
- Increased hand sanitizing stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- Increased number of amenities to ensure social distancing and proper cleaning between use